Is it the plan that the yahoo group will be shutdown?

Is it the plan that the yahoo group will be shutdown?

Kind regards Jimmy Hartington

I was unable to join the Yahoo group…technical difficulties with the captcha or some such.

That really depends. Ideally, yes. Ideally, all the 1500 folks (or at least the active ones, including the ones just reading the messages) would create an account here, decide its fantastic, and move here and carry on.

In practice, we’ll have to see how things progress. I don’t plan on forcing folks to move from YahooGroups to here, at least not until and unless the forum gains more traffic than the YahooGroups. I think there are some great benefits here, and a lot more potential benefits as Discourse evolves. But in the end its up to the community to decide where they want to be (for example, the wiki is very useful, but in the end its mostly been just useful to me as a way to easily add FAQ and Troubleshooting tips, and a few other sections, rather than a wider community. The same will be true here.

I do plan to encourage people to use the forum and direct people here instead of the mailing list - at least until I’m proved wrong about its value.

I kind of like the format of things here better than the Yahoo Group. I’d really like to be able to reply by e-mail at some point. It adds a bit more work to switch over to the web and login in order to reply.

But you can reply by e-mail. That’s what I’m doing now.

Oh, I was under the impression it was something to be added in the future.

No, as near as I can see, everything that is required for this to be viable is in place, but if anyone has any particular requirements that are not being met, do let me know.