Is there any easier way to find out what pixel length to crop other than trial and error

Right now when I use the crop image feature I do not know how to figure out what dimensions to set it at other than through trial and error. This section in the documentation seems to be the only info I could find on cropping images.

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/action/Resize_Image?redirect=1

So for cropping images I am given 4 parameters but I do not know what they mean. One is a right arrow, the other is a down arrow and the other is a left right arrow and the last is an updown arrow. I have sort of figured out what theses mean through trial and error but I would like to know exactly.

Also, I often use Apple’s command shift 4 to tell me the pixel location of my cursor. I’m thinking that that might help me crop images.

The parameters of rectangles in Keyboard Maestro are generally: left, down, width, height. They specify the top left corner and then the size.

Keyboard Maestro includes a facility in the Window menu to display the mouse (Window ➤ Mouse Display ⌘5).

Have you tried using the macOS screen capture utility, ⌃⇧⌘4 ?
This will show you a cursor with dimentions that you can drag over your image to get the dimensions you want. Then just press ESC to cancel it.

For example:

You can also use the Mac Preview.app to view the dimensions while using the Selection tool.

1 Like

I wrote in my OP

Also, I often use Apple’s command shift 4 to tell me the pixel location of my cursor. I’m thinking that that might help me crop images.

I can’t tell what your needs are, but Monosnap is superb in all ways, and free. Recommended.

I got the problem solved. Sorry it took so long to say thank you but better late than never.