Is there any way to remove the X and KM icon from palettes?

I love that I can now make my own custom buttons in apps with KM palettes. I like to make them transparent, with no text and only icons that look nice with the application. This might seem trivial, but if I could also remove the X and KM icon (without turning on shrink), it would be perfect.

I don’t believe there’s a way to do that.

And while I understand why you want to, frankly, I use palettes all the time, and I forgot they even show a title bar! The mind is capable of ignoring all sorts of things, given time. :slight_smile:

I suppose it might be possible to change the attributes of the window somehow. @ccstone, can you think of a way to do this? I don’t know enough about OS/X windows to know if this is even possible.

I had a feeling it would be difficult. It’s not a serious issue for sure, but I feel like the macro palette has so much potential use if it just had a little bit more customization available to it.

I have a couple more suggestions for palettes:

• Allow single macros to have their own individual palettes.
  • Allow actions to turn on and off specific palettes or specific macros within palettes. This seems to exist now only for the Global Macro palette, which is an odd restriction to have.
  • Create a way to “glue together” application windows and palettes. This would simply be an action that moves the window palette and is triggered by the movement of the window it is attached to.

With these, you could easily create your own custom buttons for any app, or your own “menu bar”.

Allow actions to turn on and off specific palettes or specific macros within palettes.

Use the action "Set Macro or Group Enable".

Create a way to "glue together" application windows and palettes.

I use this all the time!