Is there any way to skip to a specified action?

What I want is -

If Image is found, then proceed as normal, If Image is not found, skip the next ~50 actions and resume at a specific action.

Is this possible? I could make this work without it but the structure of the macro would be messy.

Have you looked at the If Then Else action with a Found Image condition?

I have, that's what I would referring to with being able to make it work but the structure being messy

I just realized I won't need this If I'm copying to variable as we were discussing in the other thread but I could see how it might pop up in the future.

I don't understand what you mean by "messy". The KM IF/THEN is really clean:

The KM Action is very clean and I use it all the time, I love it. The action isn't messy, just the actions required to make it work would in this specific instance would be somewhat unintuitive to someone new. It would involve putting a lot of if thens inside each other, grouping 100s of actions together and putting them in an if then function just to allow for 1 exception that happens 1 out of every 50 instances

It gets the job done, but in the specific instance I am thinking of, the structuring required wouldn't be the most intuitive for my coworkers who are new to the program and trying to tinker around with it.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting as an alternative.

From what you said, you currently have:

And you just want:

• If

I'm not sure how that is going to be made any clearer with any different UI.

Clarity would likely be improved by reducing the number of actions, using either Group actions or Execute a Macro actions to create semantic meaning and clarity.

Clarity would likely be improved by reducing the number of actions, using either Group actions or Execute a Macro actions to create semantic meaning and clarity.

This is on the money, I could make a boneheaded case for why it makes sense in my specific instance but it was only useful because the backend of my macro was the equivelent of bashing my head into a wall 100 times to get the job done, gglick and jmichael and the other great members of this forum have helped me learn how to use variables and loops which fixed the issue

1 Like

First, make sure you are aware of the Switch or Case action, which can easily replace multiple nested IF/THEN actions.

Aside from that, the design you present would be an issue in any language, not just KM.
If you think you really need that many IF/THENs, then I'd suggest you reevaluate your design. It most likely can be greatly simplified. Of course, I can only speak in general terms until you present the actual information/data and the processing you want done.