It is not possible to perform a left mouse click on the current keyboard text insertion position

Thanks all for the help, I got it working using the script from @tiffle (I needed to turn off Night Shift mode to account for the change in color in the selection).

I agree that it's a pretty basic feature not to have included. I've just started using the app, so I'm currently accumulating feedback which I plan to send to the developer. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey @edoreld Iā€™m glad to hear you got it working :+1:

Have you tried various combinations of modifier keys with the enter key? E.g. Control+Enter while the insertion point is somewhere inside the link?

Hi @vincent_ardern. When I was looking into it I did try those sorts of things to no avail. For example, Control-Enter just created a line break. Looking at the forums and help docs for The Archive app there didn't seem to be any helpful keyboard shortcuts at all which is why I eventually went the route I did. It would be nice to think, though, that I hadn't tried every combination of keys and that there is one that would do the trick!

1 Like