Itunes keeps opening automatically

Earphones!

You can start iTunes from plugged-in earphones. I’ll bet even earphones that aren’t designed to do that could do it, if there was a short or something.

Really? Hmmmm! They aren't Apple earpbuds, but they're "new" earbuds (can't get the Apple models to stay in my ears). I'll do some experimenting and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.
I also did a Google search for the phrase "ApplePushService: APS Connecting being used …" and found some entries going back several years about this very problem. But, I didn't discover any fixes for those users who reported the problem.

Well, it appears from my testing that my earbuds are the problem. But, I can’t bring myself to believe that there is a short or defect in my buds. I did connect a pair of desk speakers to the earphone jac and then plugged my buds into the earphone jac of the speakers and didn’t have one episode of itunes going crazy on me. But I did have one time when plugging my buds direct to the laptop brought up the itunes app. So, I guess this really solves my issue …at least as far as I can see from here. Thank you to all for indulging me to post in the forum that really isn’t for such issues. It’s appreciated.

Glad you found it!

If you like your earbuds and don’t want to replace them, you could try a short extender cable and see if that solves it.

Yup! That seems to work as well! Thanks!

1 Like

We can't help ourselves can we? It's now becoming a compulsion for me to look for macros to create. heh!

1 Like