Keyboard Maestro 10 Crashes

I'm very excited about version 10! However, I find that when choosing an action by pressing the green plus button causes v10 to crash. I'm on Monterey 12.1. on a 2020 MacBook Air. Am I alone in this?

Further investigation shows that Screen Recording was not allowed for the app OR for the Engine. I allowed it for the app, but could not find how to allow it for the engine. Crashes persist.

Try: right-click the KM app > Show contents.

The KM engine is inside the KM app.

As far as I have experienced, the engine permission alert window usually pops up automatically when a relevant action is triggered in a macro.

Hey Jason,

It's rare for Keyboard Maestro to crash.

@peternlewis?

-Chris

I agree. Crashes haven't happen for me prior to v10. I tried showing package contents and enabling screen sharing. I could do it, but the problem remains the same.

1 Like

If the Cochin-Italic font is disabled, Keyboard Maestro will crash as soon as it tries to display the Variables (x) icon (which appears it lots of places).

Most probably this is your issue - it is fixed for the next version, and you can enable the Cochin-Italic font to resolve the issue.

2 Likes

That was it! Thanks!

2 Likes

Totally my fault. Sorry about that.

Yes, but dragging the executable to the permissions window directly is foolproof. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I have been having the same problem. This was easy to find.

No worries. I had disabled the font.