Keyboard Maestro Editor Megathread

Do you know if there's a way to access these shortcuts via Finder so I can 1) Create a backup, and 2) Eventually import them if I reinstall macOS?

One of the reasons I rely on KM to create app shortcuts is because it's a pain if you have to do it manually when you reinstall macOS, and worse case scenario, you forget to check which shortcuts you set and you install macOS without taking at least some screenshots...

Not that I reinstall macOS often, if ever, but it's good to know if it's possible to "export / import" those shortcuts?

Hi, @iamdannywyatt. I suspect that the information is retained in some file(s) in ~/Library/Preferences, but I generally don't modify these files because it can be risky.

My approach is somewhat low tech, but very safe. I have an Apple Note that includes the steps I've used to set up a new Mac.

In some cases, I've done the same. One advantage of native Keyboard shortcuts, however, is that the shortcut is displayed in the menu.

2023-12-04 09.29.24@2x

I've updated Search All Macros to Version 4.0:

• If a value is selected from the used: dropdown menu, the search results are sorted by Date Used. Otherwise, they are sorted by Name.

• Changed the ‘Additional Qualifiers’ logic to be more forgiving.

• Bug fix: Occasionally when <return> was pressed to dismiss the main dialog, it would not close.