Keyboard Maestro seemingly performing different actions to those detailed...?

Running into strange problems with KM- I have uploaded the macro in question.

Instead of performing the first few actions in sequence, KM seems to be doing something different and I'm not sure why; once the Gmail Inbox is opened (as per first Action), KM opens the fourth email from the top of the inbox, despite the lack of any instruction to do this. Then, a new message is composed ('type the "c" keystroke' (third action) implemented), however the following "simulate keystroke" Actions ('type the text "sam"' etc.) are not implemented either, again I am unsure of why not.

Here's a screenshot of the macro thus far. I haven't included the entirety of the Actions as a) I can't fit them and b) it doesn't seem to be relevant as even the Actions shown are not working.

You have uploaded a screenshot of a part of the macro, but not the macro.

See this KM Wiki article for how to upload a macro (and complete images).

It is helpful to upload the macro, because for a meaningful reply it is often necessary to run the macro. If you don’t upload the macro, the others would have to rebuild the macro from the screenshot. (And most won’t bother to do this.)

Here's a screenshot of the macro thus far. I haven't included the entirety of the Actions as a) I can't fit them and b) it doesn't seem to be relevant as even the Actions shown are not working.

How to upload a complete image of a macro is also explained in the Wiki article linked above.

As for the “it doesn't seem to be relevant” part, simply do this:

1. Duplicate the macro (⌘D).
  2. Remove the actions that do not seem relevant to you.
  3. Test if the macro still exhibits the issue.
  4. If Yes, then upload the minimal macro and an image of it.

This yields two benefits:

• The others have a downloadable macro to test.
  • In the process of reducing the macro it is not unusual that the issue disappears while removing supposedly unrelated actions. This gives you a major hint what is causing the issue, and may even make a forum post superfluous.

To your question:

With the macro from there, this doesn’t happen on my machine and with Safari.

So I can only guess: Is there any Gmail setting that makes it auto-open the last opened message maybe?

1 Like

Whatever else is going on, you should resolve the issue reported by the yellow warning triangle in Keyboard Maestro’s editor window.