KM newbie - a question about a "Recorded Macro"

Having just got my KM license, I went to create a hot key macro for an Action I do a lot.
That being, go to the Apple Menu, and select About This Mac.

I couldn't find the Actions in any of the Action groups, so I did a Record to create the macro.
It works, but I don't understand some of the terminology in the "Will Execute the Following Actions" part of the recorded macro. Below is a screenshot.

macro

1. I understand the "Select About This MAc in the Menu Apple", but I don't understand why "in Keyboard Maestro" is displayed there.

2.Below that, I don't understand the Select Menu in KeyboardMaestro

Would someone explain those steps, or point me to a reference that does?

Thank

Hello cappy, glad to help you.

Firstly, the Select or Show a Menu Item is located at Interface Control Action Catagories.

Secondly, for your question:

1. Because the action is generated by recording, and KM is the front App when recording. You can alter the Select menu in -> Front Application after recording.
  2. If you want to get more knowledge about this action, you can check the wiki page.
4 Likes

Thanks Oscar.

When selecting the "Select or Show a Menu Item" action, it is important that you click on the "menu" icon and then select the corresponding app and then select the menu command that is important for you.

Select%20men%C3%BC

1 Like

For a direct answer, because you told it to in the Action:

@OscarGong has given you the fix.

Questions?

1 Like