KM Patterns?

A ground breaking question in my opinion is this (I just cant seem to get my head around it);

Text is stored into KM as a variable. KM seeks to match the text to a degree of accuracy % against conditions of if statements. Where KM does not match the if statements, it loads up a user input screen, where the user then inputs variables to teach it the action for next time round. KM then saves this information to use next time when it tries to match the % degree of accuracy to perform an action.

e.g. In a single macro we have two if statements; where they check the text inside a variable named ‘response from person’

the macro includes;
If statement 1: if the text has the word ‘hi’ respond hello as an action (growl)
If statement 2: if the text has the word ‘bye’ respond bye as an action (growl)

Where KM does not match these it should bring up a user input box asking the user an option (drop down selection of ‘hi’ or ‘bye’) to select the conditions for KM to trigger if statement 1 or 2. say the person did not respond ‘hi’ but they responded ‘hey’ we in the user input box would need to select ‘hi’ for the macro to then respond ‘hello’. We would want KM now to save the word ‘hey’ along with if statement 1 so that next time the person says ‘hey’ it automatically recognises this in the variable and responds ‘hello’ without having to ask the user how to respond…

and by doing this KM would be learning…

With this template macro we can then be teaching KM different actions ‘to do’ and get it to become smart (ai).

Any ideas of how we can do this?

I don't think you can do it in a general case, but there's no reason you can't do it whenever you need it.

I do this fairly frequently. Usually when I do this, I also include another way to be able to re-input the values, if I want to change them. The most common way I do this is with a "long key press".

Here's a macro that has the "long key press" in it:

This could work, but it would need to save a copy of the text in the letter each time.

E.g. Current System…

1. human reads letter
  2. human selects the letter type on a user input screen based upon what they read
    3 .KM knows what to do for each different letter as it has been taught it
  3. KM then does the actions.

What we want to be doing

1. Computer scans letter
  2. scanned and saved in OCR
  3. KM saves text of the OCR as a variable
  4. KM cross checks the text in the variable against the different type of letters which we have taught it (action 2 & 3 above)
  5. KM then does the actions

Sometimes in action 4 above KM would not be able to match the text, therefore it wont know. So KM is now bringing up a user pop up box as in action 2 above. KM would now look for patterns and remember the a % of the letter for next time. so if that same letter pops up again then KM simply knows action 2 without having to load up a user pop up box waiting for the human to tell KM which letter it is.

Here’s the question: If a user has a reference number, and they select a letter for it, how can the KM macro know why the user chose that letter?

I mean, you could say “anytime the reference number is this specific reference number, chose letter xyz”, but that hardly seems worth it (correct me if I’m wrong).

You might know, for example, that if the reference number starts with the letter A and is followed only by numbers, then it should use letter xyz, but how would the macro know that’s how you arrived at your decision?

1. it would have to read the contents of the letter to look for specific sentences, just like the user does

2. your right the reference in our circumstance never dictates what the next course of action is.

3. maybe we can create an additional user input box which is a variable, when the user states the particular letter it is. They can also add in a sentence in to that variable for KM to know next time that it matches it would then go ahead and do select that particular letter?

The next the what matches? The exact same reference number?

the sentence that we are teahcing KM for it to next time match that text rather than ask us.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

if sentences match it sets a variable to that particular value. I guess this is really confusing. I am now doing it manually. I have to repeat this about 1,000 for it to be 99% accurate :). 50% complete so far.

1 Like