Logic Pro & ADSR Sample Manager Macro

I thought of a good idea to combine ADSR Manager and Logic Pro together.

So you no longer need to use Logic Pro's Library, But instead to use ADSR Sample Manger which has a ton more useful features for using Presets

i just need some help putting it together. as i've tried and failed
Logic Presets & ADSR.kmmacros (25.1 KB)

@noisneil I'm tagging you because your really good at these Logic Pro Macros

The Steps for the Macro would be something like this.

1. Copy Midi Regions on Current Selected Track

2. Delete Regions on Current Selected Track

3. Open ADSR Sample Manager

4. Move Mouse Position to Found Image (The Image is a blue dot, which represents the current selected sound in ADSR Manager)

5. From that Mouse Position Drag to Logic Pro and Place it on the Current Selected Track Location

6. Wait for Logic Pro to Load Preset.

7. Paste at Original Position. (This Places the midi notes that were there from the beginning back onto the track)

1 Like

You left a bit of info out, but I think what you want to do is create a new Sampler instrument by dropping a sample from ADSRSM to Logic's track header.

I don't have much time today, but here's something to get you started:

New Sampler Instrument.kmmacros (45 KB)

Macro screenshot

1 Like

Hey @noisneil

Thanks for trying to help me out!

To be honest i wasn't trying to do it with samples.

i have my logic pro instrument library files loaded in ADSR manager, i'm trying to get these saved channel strip presets from ADSR to Logic Pro by dragging the Channel Strip Instrument Preset file.

i can do it, but i'm just trying to automate the drag and drop process. so that i can load up a new preset on the current track in Logic

If there is any more info you need just let me know.

Logic & ADSR Presets V2.kmmacros (30.3 KB)

Here is a new version, the Clicked at image for ADSR wasn't working properly, so i have found a new image which works a lot better.

The current logic pro image doesn't work, so i don't know how i can tell Keyboard Maestro about the location of the current track

Really? How have you done that? Screenshots please!

You know there are Preset/Patch macros in the Logic Megathread, right?

Also PlugSearch now covers Channel Presets.

I didn't use found images in my macro. In ADSRSM I used a relative click that works as long as the folder pane is open. In Logic I used AppleScript to get the track header x-axis coordinates. I didn't have time to specify the current track as I've had to head out of town for a wedding.

I can get stuck in on Monday.

So each instrument patch that i like, i have added it to my apple loop library with a short midi performance and then i have ADSR manager have the folder location loaded into it, so everything i add to it, it automatically shows up in ADSR, then i just drag the files from ADSR to Logic. and when i drag it into logic, it includes the midi performance and the all the plugins used for that channel strip.

I didn't think ADSRSM supported midi files. Are you just using it as a general file browser?

Sorry i think i accidentally loaded my own macro again, i will try it and get back to you to see how it works

[quote="noisneil, post:5, topic:33938"]
I've had to head out of town for a wedding.

No problem, i hope you have a great time :slight_smile:

If you haven't looked at my "Strip Search" macros on the Megathread, I'd be very interested to know what you think of them.

They aren't midi files when i add them to the Apple Loop Library, they turn into AIFF audio files.

They include midi data, and Channel Strip Settings

I've actually used it and i think it's great work what you done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting thread. I also use ADSR with Logic. One thing that frustrated me with ADSR is that it doesn't have a delete function. So I made a very simple palette macro that shows whenever ADSR is in the foreground. Dragging one or more samples onto the palette sends them to the trash.

I use the same palette in Logic to trash samples in my Untagged Loops browser.

2 Likes

So i opened your macro, yes i think that applescript, is a lot better than that found image which i had.

I have edited a screenshot to show the basics of how this macro could work.

@PatTheDog Thanks for sharing this Macro, definitely makes organising easier, i wouldn't of thought of creating a macro for it. I always have samples and presets in my folders which i never use.

Here's an alternative to drag 'n' drop, which avoids the issue of having to identify the Y-axis location of the current track by using the Import menu instead:

ADSR File to Current Logic Track.kmmacros (53 KB)

Macro screenshot

1 Like

Hey @noisneil that's a nice work around for the drag and drop. The problem i found when i tried it is Logic won't import an audio file on to the selected Midi track using this way. My Audio files in ADSR manager only seem to change into a Midi file (with Midi data and channel strip settings) once it has been dragged and dropped onto a Midi Track.

Tell me if I understand correctly:

• You have midi channel setting that you like.
  • You bounce some audio from it and add it to your Apple Loops library.
  • You can now preview it in ADSRSM.
  • If you want to use the sound again, you can drag and drop it as audio to the current midi track, which will reinstate the chanel settings you had before.

Is that right?

1 Like

@noisneil That's exactly it!

Dragging and dropping a file onto the Logic track header is easy. The problem, as I see it, is reliably determining the Y-axis coordinates of the current track.

Yes, we could use found images, but this isn't going to work consistently if the track height or other visual elements change.

A workaround might be to recall a screenset whose layout is fixed, but this seems very convoluted and restrictive.

If it were me, I think I'd stick to manually dragging. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@noisneil I understand what your saying, the reason i thought it would be a good idea to create this macro, is when there is already midi data on the track.

currently i have to copy the original midi, delete that midi, drag an drop the file from ADSR, that file includes a midi region, delete that midi region, then paste the original midi back on to the track.

usually i do this process multiple times on just one track when i'm looking to find the sound i'm looking for.

so having a macro like this would save me time.

for me personally if i need to switch to a screenset for it to work, i'd be happy with that.