Somehow, several Groups have disappeared from my KM. Is there any way of restoring them short of redoing them manually?
Generally the only way groups can be removed is if you actively delete them in the editor (a wayward macro could do this for example). You can also do it by AppleScript, but it's pretty hard to accidentally do it.
Keyboard Maestro keeps a daily history of your macros, and you can revert to the previous days macros in the File menu.
The normal process I recommend is:
- Quit & Relaunch the Keyboard Maestro editor.
- Choose File ➤ Revert Macros and choose the last day that still had your missing macros.
- Export the missing macro groups (select the macro groups, then select all the macros in them, and choose File ➤ Export Macros and export them).
- Choose File ➤ Revert Macros to At Editor Launch (this is why you quit & relaunch the editor at the first step).
- Hold the option key down and choose File ➤ Import Macros (the option key turns off the normal safety feature of disabling imported macros).