Macro Group Hotkey Keeps Deactivating By Itself

@peternlewis - any thoughts on this as it is happening now on at least 3 of my macro groups?

KM 9.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

I have a macro group containing a few macros none of which has an explicit trigger. Instead I have a hot key trigger to display the group palette, thereby giving me access to the macros.

Straightforward, so far.

Today I used the hot key to display the palette and nothing happened - no palette was displayed. When I went into the macro group, this is what I saw:

KM 1 2020-12-16_11-29-19

As you can see, the hot key appears to be unassigned - even though I have definitely assigned it.

So, I clicked on the field and hey presto, this is what then appeared:

KM 2 2020-12-16_11-30-04

which is now showing the hot key I assigned in the past. NOTE: all I did was click my mouse in the "Click" field - I did not actually re-assign the hot key.

This has happened several times previously but this time I had the presence of mind to capture it! I do not know how to reproduce it. I switch off my mac every evening so it is rebooted every morning and so it can't be a case of creeping corruption of some sort in the OS.

I haven't labelled this as a bug but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced something similar or has an explanation.

No, I have no other reports of this.

Given that you sat the hot key did not work, that would seem to indicate it is not just a visual interface issue, which would be the simplest explanation. I don't know how it would lose the hot key (in the Engine), and then get it back in the Editor and Engine when you click the button.