Macro is not clicking on button

I created a macro that part of it clicks on a button on a web page to send a message like the new topic button on the top of the forum.

The problem I'm having is that if I run the macro the mouse will move to position and I can see the pointer change to the hand and click, but it doesn't bring up the message window.

If I click thru the marco in debug mode it works fine.

I'm just starting with macros and don't have a lot of experience with them.
What could be the problem as to why it's not working?

Thanks in advance;

Steve

The only thing I can think of is that you might need to break it up into two actions, with a pause in between? One action can move the mouse but not click. Then add a pause for a fraction of a second or so, then add an action to click at the current mouse position?

Just a guess. I would think there’s a better way, but I don’t know what it would be.

Please post your existing macro, which we need to really help you.
See

1 Like

Here is the Macro.

It is working pretty much the way I want it to right now with the exception of the paste command at the end.
What I want it to do is to click on the message icon in the blog and then click on the plus sign for a new message.
Then switch over to copy a name from a LibreOffice spreadsheet.
Switch back to Chrome to paste the name in the entry box for the name of the person I want to send the message to and hit enter to accept them.
Then it will switch to Notes and copy the message from there, switch back to Chrome and paste into the message section of the screen.
This is where it is messing up because it is pasting it back into the field for the recipient and not the message section.

I'm going to try to create a video of the way it should work and the way it is working.

Keyboard Maestro “SSMILF Saturday” Macro

SSMILF Saturday.kmmacros (9.7 KB)

Here is a link to the non functioning video

And the functioning video (This was done using the Debug process).

Hello Steve (Sacohen):

1.) I’m not clear on this:
Is your macro functioning correctly now?
Or are you still looking for debugging help?
If still looking, I have a suggestion that might work.

2.) What app are you using for screen videos?

[quote=“JMichaelTX, post:3, topic:5178, full:true”]
… post your existing macro … See

Thank you, “JMichaelTX”.
I needed that, too.

1 Like

Yes, I’m still looking for debugging help with the Macro.
It ps not doing the final paste of the content into the message box

The Video was recorded with Quicktime and edited with Final Cut Pro.

Thanks again;

Steve

Steve -

You want to click on one icon, then click on another icon, is that correct?

I’ve found “Move and Click” not entirely reliable.
Instead, I suggest, “Click Found Image”.

Please report back if that solves the problem.

That is a good suggestion, Mark.
I will keep that in mind for future Macros, but what I have is working fine now for clicking on the image, but the problem that I’m having now is that it is not pasting the copied text in the right place at the end of the Macro.

Take a look at the 2 videos above to see what I’m talking about.

Ok, I got it working the way I want.
Now they only thing I want to do is loop it until it reaches a black cell in an Excel spreadsheet.

What is the best way to do that?