MACRO: [KMFAM] Favorite Actions and Macros v1.4 Released 2021-12-09

Thanks!

Surprisingly that variable returns 0,1620. Seems to me like that should place it more or less where I set it with the set engine position action.

I just disabled the action and verified that it returns to it's oddly placed position: bottom-left of screen, coords 0,1060.

With the engine action I have it set the HTML prompt to halfway across the screen and at the bottom of the menu bar which on my display is 1440,30.

Just to be sure:

1. Clear DND__kmfamWindowPosition.

2. Re-enable your action. Tell me what the values are.

3. Run KMFAM and use it to insert an action, which should also close the KMFAM window.

4. Tell me what DND__kmfamWindowPosition contains.

Thanks.

Hey there, enabling the action places it where I want it but the variable DND__kmfamWindowPosition still reads 0,1620 🤷🏻

OK, thanks. I'll have to wait until later to figure this out. Too busy right now.

1 Like

Not too urgent since the macro still works just fine and at least in my case I was able to resolve it quite easily. Thanks Dan!

1 Like

Hi,

I have created a post to highlight the issue and fix for those script that receive incorrect location using window.screenX and screenY.

You can take a look at:

KM10 Fix for Custom HTML Prompt Action for script which return incorrect window.screenX & screenY value

Thanks.

1 Like

I just ran across this from a YT video and it is exciting to see such innovation being sparked by expert KM users. I installed it and it seems to be working great. However, every time I activate the KMFAM it puts the search window in the lower left corner of my screen, even if I move it, it does not remember the last place I put it. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks See this post for the temporary fix: MACRO: [KMFAM] Favorite Actions and Macros (incl. Big Sur patch) - #391 by cdthomer

1 Like

New release, version 1.4!

See the first post for all the new news.

2 Likes

Out-freaking-standing! This had me laughing quite a bit :laughing: though I do miss the custom icons!

On a serious note... it looks like the version 1.3 variables were deleted upon install... but I'm not really certain. Does the macro installer delete all global variables that are no longer needed or do we need to delete them manually? As of right now the only kmfam variables I can see are the following:

I thought that was funny too. I'll put something together to let you get the icons back, if you want them.

It was supposed to delete them all. but I was bound to miss some. Go ahead and delete them yourself. I updated the installer so the next people who download it will get those 2 variables deleted also.

Here's the list of variables I'm now deleting, just in case you care: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

DND__kmfamWindowPosition
DND__kmfameWindowPosition
DND__kmfamsoWindowPosition
kmengineChooseFileResult
kmengineChooseFolderResult
kmengineHTMLResultButton
kmenginePromptResult
kmfam__Action Name
kmfam__Existing Action
kmfam__Keywords
kmfam__Update Image Only
kmfamActionImageFilePath
kmfamActionKeywords
kmfamActionName
kmfamActionNamesPickList
kmfamActionType
kmfamActions
kmfamcResult
kmfamErrorMessage
kmfameWindowHeight
kmfameWindowWidth
kmfamFavoriteActionDialogIsRunning
kmfamFrontWin
kmfamImageDPI
kmfamImageSize
kmfamInputText
kmfamLog
kmfamMacroNameFocused
kmfamNewUUID
kmfamOldClipboardSeed
kmfamOptions
kmfamPickListSize
kmfamPreferencesFolderName
kmfamPreferencesFolderPath
kmfamRequest
kmfamResponse
kmfamSelect_DontCleanup
kmfamSelectData
kmfamSemaphore
kmfamTask
kmfamUpdatedUsageData
kmfamUpdateImageOnly
kmfamWindowHeightWithoutPickList
minstInstallationInfo
minstVerifiedDestResourcesFolderPath

Not a big deal! But I'm not gonna say no haha.

My variable lacks the s at the end... in other words it's simply kmfamAction...

still safe to delete?

Absolutely. All those variables with "kmfam" in the front can go bye-bye.

1 Like

You can download the icons from a file I just added to the first post.

1 Like

Hey @DanThomas - thanks for the update which installed smoothly. I'm still using KMFAM in preference to the now native Favourites.

There's just one "improvement" I would like to see and it's to do with the dialogs that are shown. I see that in the [KMFAM] Select macro there's a note:

"This window does not save its position on the screen. However, there's a disabled purple action below named "Specify the Window Position". You can use this to specify X,Y coordinates of the window, if you want. Don't forget to enable it if you want to use it."

Following those instructions ensures the Select dialog open in my secondary display but such a thing doesn't seem to appear or apply to the other macros that show a dialog.

I run KM from my secondary display, so to have these dialogs open on my primary display is frustrating.

Is there something I've missed or that you can do?

Thanks!

You know, it's funny. I thought to myself "I should put this in the other dialogs". Then I thought "Who would ever need that?" Now I know. :laughing:

If you're using KM10, you can use "Set Next Engine Window Position". It works - I just tested it.

So either put one at the start of whichever macros you want to affect, or if you want to affect them all at once, put it at the start (or end) of "[kmfam]~Verify Paths (Sub-Macro)" because that gets called by all the macros.

Let me know how that works for you.

1 Like

There's always one...

That did the trick! Thanks so much Dan.

The problem is, I was an idiot. Normally in situations like that, I would have gone ahead and added it to the others. It wasn't much work. I think I had just been working on this too long, and wanted it to be over.

That did the trick! Thanks so much Dan.

Awesome! Glad it worked.

1 Like

I have just lost my favourites. I cleared my entire variables. Didnt know it depended on the variables list.
Is it really gone?

They shouldn't be gone. When you run the macro, it should ask you where the resources are. If not, set the variable "DND__kmfamResourcesFolderPath" to the full path of the resources folder.