MACRO: MacroBackerUpper—it's like Time Machine for your macro library

If you have the patience, could you give an example based on the above situation where you actually do want to delete everything related to that macro. Basically, you would delete all backups related to that macro ?
thank you

Yes, just as if you had 90 actual copies (i.e. not hard links), if you delete all 90 copies or hard links, then the files are gone.

-rob.

1 Like

OK. thanks very much

Version 2.9 is out, linked in the first article in this thread or via the in-macro update checker. The only change in this version is how duplicate-named and leading-dot-named macros and groups are handled.

Before, a sample of such items was included in the dialog box. But if you wanted to change all such macros, you had to run the macro a number of times to see all the macros. Version 2.9 now writes the full lists into two files in a temporary folder, and opens that folder when the macro finishes. This should make it much easier to find and change all such names, for all those so inclined.

If you tell MBU to ignore dupes and dots names, then nothing changes—the files aren't created, because the entire routine is skipped.

-rob.

1 Like

I am so much looking forward to trying this.
Git would be overkill.
Thank you.
Frankly this should be part of KM.

Great macro which I use a few times a week.
Sometimes the macro "freezes" for lack of a better word and I have to manually quit.
Below are 2 failed attempts followed by one successful run.
How sould I troubleshoot this issue ?
thanks very much

——————————————————————————

——————————————————————————

Is there anything that looks relevant in the log file?

-rob.