This macro will create a new Apple Note and open it. The new note can be optionally floated and positioned.
Monterey includes an Apple Notes feature called Quick Note. Since this macro provides similar capability, its value is less obvious for Monterey (or later) users. However, if the Notes Preference Resume last Quick Note is checked, one could use the native Quick Note feature for an ongoing scratchpad and, in tandem, use this macro for collecting information that should be segregated from the Quick Note information.
local_FloatNewNote : 0|1
Determines if the new note is opened in a separate window or if it is displayed in the note folder.
0 = no
1 = yes [default]
The destination folder for the new note. If the folder does not exist, it will be created.
local_FloatPositionAndSize : X Y W H
Four integers separated by spaces: top-left X position, top-left Y position, Width, Height (all in display percentages)
0 10 50 25 [default]
• Keyboard Maestro v10.2
• Ventura Version 13.0 Beta (22A5342f)/MacBookPro16,1
• Mojave 10.14.16/Macmini6,2
• High Sierra 10.13.6/iMac11,1445
1.0 - Initial version
1.1 - Modified to accommodate macOS Ventura (v13.x). In this version the Notes app menu item Window>Float Selected Note was changed to Window>Open Note in New Window.
- Bug fix: Mistakenly had local_macOSWithFloatMenuItemRenamed in the outside If action; it has been corrected to local_macOSWithModernBehavior.
- When floating a note on pre-Monterey, added two Forward Delete keystrokes as suggested by @August.
DOWNLOAD Macro File:
New Apple Note.kmmacros (42 KB)
Note: This macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. It must be ENABLED before it can be run. If it does not trigger, the macro group might also need to be ENABLED.