MACRO: Palette Organizer v1.3 (updated Dec 3, 2021)

Unless this macro maybe doesn't work with MacOS Sanoma, I must be missing something in understanding.

I have read every word of this very long thread and I just don't understand how to get it going. If I try to invoke the macro using run or try I am told to select two or more macros. If I do that then how do I launch the macro? Okay, so I give the macro a hot key trigger. Now I go select several of my macros and invoke the trigger... viola, nothing happens. So I re-load KBM fresh. Same story.

The latest message in this thread is only a few days old... Am I crazy or just dumb? I did read the notes from Skitza way back, so I tried with the edit toggled both ways... nothing.

This is frustrating... I hope it's my system and not me... Or maybe I just don't know how to read directions... 1) select two or more macros; 2) Launch this macro. Seems pretty simple.

Must be my system:

2019 MacBook Pro
Sanoma 14.1
KBM 10.2

Somebody save me... Please...

Hmm. Is the macro active when you are tryin to launch it from the hotkey trigger? Are you selecting multiple macros in the same group (not a smart group)? Have you tried launching it by name or status menu? Just throwing some troubleshooting idea out there. Might also look at the KM log right after triggering to see if that gives any clues.

Yes, I have double and triple-checked to ensure that the macro and macro group are active. Yes, I am selecting several macros from the same group which is not a smart group. I haven't tried to launch by name or via status menu. I'll have to go read up a bit to learn how to do that. All I have really done is load the macro and follow the first two instructions. I did notice that after an hour or so there appeared a blank mostly white window pane that is titled "Palette Organizer". But it is just totally blank even though I have nine of my active macros selected.

Pardon me if you've already answered this, but have you tried rebooting your Mac?

OK, after reboot the macro worked fine. Interesting that I hadn't seen anything else not functioning. Before rebooting, I was using a VPN. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

Nice macro... Thanx!

Awesome - glad that solved the problem!

KM uses a "web server" process to display Custom HTML Prompts. Every once in a while, KM's "web server" process has some hickups. Fortunately, rebooting has always solved the problems. Knock on wood! :smile:

After rebooting, I noticed that some text manipulation macros that I had set to a common activation hotkey wouldn't open a conflict palette. Also, they wouldn't work individually. I ended up copying them to another macro group and they all started working. I did some checking by copying known good macros to the apparently bad macro group and they would stop working. When placed back to their original group they were fine. Before you ask, the bad macro group was active as were the macros. Needless to say, I emptied that bad group of good macros and deleted it. Aren't computers a real joy in life?

Regards,

Ken

Remember when they told us that computers would make things easier? Yeah, right.

4 Likes