MACRO: Palette Organizer v1.3 (updated Dec 3, 2021)

Thank you for this. Very helpful. Two minor notes, very minor:

1. If I edit the name of a macro while running Palette Organizer, the macro is no longer selected in the list after editing. Don’t know if that’s something you can tweak or not.

2. It’d be helpful to be able to simply select a Macro Group rather than a bunch of macros before executing this.

You could ignore those suggestions and this would still be a great bit of work you’ve done, both in terms of a clean interface and utilitarian value. Thank you.

Impresionante, seriously!

I’ll keep that HTML prompt for further usage… if I manage to wrap my head around it :wink:

1 Like

Well, the obvious answer to that is "Don't do that". :slight_smile: Seriously, though, you can edit a macro's name in the Palette Organizer window, either by double-clicking it or by clicking the Edit button. I suppose I need point that out somewhere.

It'd be helpful to be able to simply select a Macro Group rather than a bunch of macros before executing this.

I can certainly do that. I'm actually not sure why I didn't, now that I think about it. OTOH, it's only one extra keystroke to select all the macros, so it might not be high on my list. :slight_smile: But certainly, thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry for poor wording: I meant that if I’m in the Palette Organizer window and use its name-editing function, after editing a macro it (the macro) is no longer selected. I have to Tab back to that field listing the macros.

Thanks!

I’ll keep that HTML prompt for further usage… if I manage to wrap my head around it :wink:

Yeah, that web page is a culmination of a lot of things I've learned, and a LOT of things I stole from other places. I love the fact that it's all just one HTML file, with no need for external resources. When I first started doing Custom HTML Prompts, I never could have done this.

With that said, I'm sure 3 months from I'll feel differently. LOL.

Homage was the word…

Oh, I understand now.

Hmm. There’s not really much you can do in this dialog from the keyboard anyway, so I’m not sure why it matters. Don’t get me wrong - I just want to understand.

Thanks!

Doesn't that imply attribution?

Just like "Ice Ice Baby" was an "homage" to "Under Pressure". OK, maybe I went too far there. LOL.

LOL. I love that song. Actually, both songs. But Vanilla Ice definitely stole the riff. :slight_smile:

There's not really much you can do in this dialog from the keyboard anyway, so I'm not sure why it matters. Don't get me wrong - I just want to understand.

So it is. Like I said before, fixed or not, this is still great work. Thanks again.

1 Like

Many thanks for this macro @DanThomas :clap: Is there an option here to remove the numbering (into this:).

If I execute the macro, I will always be prompted to also perform the numbering. If I negate this, the macro is terminated and nothing is accepted.

Saving without renumbering kind of defeats the purpose. Or are you saying you want to be able to remove all the prefix numbers?

It would be just a pure design request @DanThomas. No other meaning.

Yes, but I don't understand what you're asking for. Can you try explaining it again?

Thanks.

Nice! :clap::clap::clap:

I use this

regularly thru the day. It's set to appear at the cursor's location.

I hope this doesn't seem ridiculous and I set it to two columns to shorten the distance to get to the bottom with the more frequently used items nearer the top.

What matters most to me (since you've put a good deal of time and attention on making the palette easier to use) is the ease of finding the item within the cluster that appears and speed of getting to it and clicking on it.

Organizing the list into sections with lines separating the sections goes nicely beyond simply being able to reorder the list. Now greedy me wants more :roll_eyes:.

Changing the color/spacing/size of items to help locate items would be nice additional options. Any formatting control available?

No, and I wish there were. But that's asking a lot from Peter... :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Yes and he opened the box :wink: AND the community has given back a lot.

Would he have given us so many tools and license if he wasn’t open to giving even more? Doesn’t seem like the actions of someone who wants to be left alone and limit interacting with the world around.

Thank You! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello @BernSh, I also use a global palette with the daily KM macros. So that this does not become too big, I have divided these by subjects again with sub pallets.
These can then also be colored. Here is a short video.

Hi appleianer, Nice video. Good move to go into sub pallets to keep the amount of material to sort thru small. While a good option, I was looking to condense everything I use regularly into one pallet and use different colors within that one pallet to help make one pallet easier to use. More pallets adds more clicks and more to recognize/sort out visually.

I know I’m talking about very detailed refinements and why not ask for what you want?

I do not know if I understood the question correctly. My English is not good (Google Translate :upside_down_face:)

I use a global palette (turn off Mac, start VPN, screenshots, etc.) A palette with sub-pallets with the actions, I have also created for each app (Pages, Mail, Safari ...). The advantage is that I need only one shortcut for each app and its palette. The palettes I all call with a trackpad swipe gesture.

Hi appleianer,

English as a second language is tricky. Sorry that I did not know that a language barrier was part of the mix.

You have communicated clearly to me what you have done. What I am looking for is slightly different.

The sub pallets require an extra click. One click to print up the main pallet then another click on the sub pallet to execute the action. That’s two clicks. I want to do it with only one click. I do not want to click two times to get the action to execute.

Is this clear?

Thanks,
Bern

1 Like