MACRO: Set Sound Output, v7.1

@OneEyedJack, I'm going to send you a DM.

In the meantime, is there anyone with an Mx processor that is successfully using Version 7.0 of this macro with Sonoma? If so, please reply here. Thank you!

1 Like

This used to work for me but now that I am on Sonoma on Apple Silicon (M2), it does not. I have found no way to programmatically set an Airplay destination on macOS.

Hi, @BobM, thanks for reporting issue. It's interesting as I now have a MacBook Pro with M1 Max chip and the macro continues to work as expected for me.

Maybe this issue could be addressed with some focused testing. If you (and/or @OneEyedJack) have some time I'd be willing to work via DM's and send test versions of the macro. I'll have some time for troubleshooting this weekend.

1 Like

Sure thing. Just let me know.

1 Like

same here

1 Like

I've send a DM to both of you. Thanks!

I've updated the OP with Version 7.1 of Set Sound Output:

• In one of the If Then Else actions "Sound" was hardcoded. This has been changed to local_Pane to properly accommodate the macro localization.

• For some unknown reason, with Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71), the gui hierarchy can differ on some some macs; the AppleScript within this macro now accommodates both. For more information, see: Why would UI scripting vary on two Macs with the same version of macOS? - AppleScript - Late Night Software Ltd. Thanks to @OneEyedJack for reporting the issue and helping test the revised AppleScript.

• For all of the AppleScripts, to improve performance, changed fixed delays to 'repeat until exists'.

• For Ventura and Sonoma AppleScripts, changed 'starts with' to "is' when checking for a matching Sound Output.