Macro stops for no reason

So I have made a macro which runs and then at the end to restart the whole thing, I put execute macro: "the current macro name",

This works well and the macro restarts itself using this line at the end for about 10-20 times and then it doesnt restart anymore, like I have some sort of limit. And this happens with other macros too where I use execute macro: at the end to either jump to another specific macro or restart current.

Basically it stops repeating itself after X amount of time for no reason.

What could cause this?

Probably not possible to comment unless you show us the macro.

( Not sure how the KM stack works, but your scheme might inadvertently be creating a kind of russian doll inflation – recursive macro call within macro call until memory gets depleted. In any case, hard to guess without seeing it )

I did try this, and it gave up from exasperation or resource-depletion after about half a minute of annoying noise-making.

One of the Control Flow actions like Until or While etc (i.e. a loop, rather than an unconstrained recursive descent) may provide a better framework for whatever you are trying to do.

Rather than 'restarting the whole thing', by using execute macro: "the current macro name" you are launching a second instance within the running macro which stops the enclosing macro call from coming to an end.

This may be continuing, call within call, like a recursive or self-similar picture-within-picture on a chocolate box, until things hit a resource limit and grind to a halt or pull an emergency cord.

1 Like

PS checking 'asynchronously' on the Execute Macro action might permit the calling instance(s) to close, but you are probably still better of with one of the Control Flow loop actions.