Macro to Switch Folders on Stream Deck?

I'd like to navigate from one Streamdeck folder into another folder with a single button push. Streamdeck software doesn't help with this and the only way I've thought to do it is to build a KM macro that will first push the Up One Level button on the Streamdeck and then push the Desired Folder button.

The problem is that KM sees every single Streamdeck button as being the same button. No matter which button I push I get this:

Stream Deck XL #65280

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

thanks,
Ed

Well this is interesting. I just tried ControllerMate to build the macro. ControllerMate sees the Streamdeck as a device but it does not have any button building blocks for it. Instead there is a message that says, "The Button Group building block is unavailable because Stream Deck XL does not have multiple buttons."

Wow. !!

Maybe the next version of Keyboard Maestro will help.

1 Like

Thanks Peter,

would there be an approximate ETA?

When its ready.

Perhaps a couple months.

2 Likes

Did this feature make it into version 9?

Keyboard Maestro has direct support for Stream Deck with a plugin that you can download directly in the Stream Deck configuration.

I found this topic in a google search - I have this exact question now.

Can a macro be built to switch folders and profiles on Stream Deck?

I'm looking at these articles:
https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/trigger/USB_Device_Key
https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/Stream_Deck

And I'm confused - I thought that Keyboard Maestro could tell the Stream Deck to press buttons? Can this not be done? Can Stream Deck only tell Keyboard Maestro to activate and not the other way around?

I want to be able to create a script trigger/keyboard shortcut and use Alfred remote or numpad keys to navigate my Stream Deck more rapidly. Am I able to do this?

1 Like

As far as I'm aware there is no way for Keyboard Maestro to change Stream Deck profiles. It can only send info (such as title and image) to individual buttons, and only if those buttons have a specific Button ID set from the SD app.

I am glad to be proven wrong though as KM being able to switch SD profiles would be a HUGE help for some of my macros. But I believe this would need to be implemented from SD side, and not KM.

-Chris

1 Like

I do not believe Elgato have implemented any external way to change profiles on the Stream Deck.

Keyboard Maestro cannot “press buttons” on a Stream Deck, and I don't know of any way that can be done.

You should ask Elgato for the functionality so that they are encouraged to provide an AppleScript or CLI method to do it.