MACRO: Toggle Between Macros and Maintain Scroll Position

Great! I look forward to seeing it.

I just uploaded version 2.0 of this macro. Give me a little time to upload the remaining macros, then we can discuss re-incorporating your changes into the new version.

I didn't include your changes in this version, because I was fairly sure we'll want to re-work them, to some degree or another, in light of other macros I'll upload shortly. Maybe not, but let's see.

I'll get back to you soon. However, if I forget, hit me up again. And if I do forget, don't feel slighted - with everything rolling around in my head right now, some things are bound to roll right out my ears and drop on the ground. :blush: Especially after my fiasco yesterday...

Dan, thanks a lot for this macro useful of course as help in KM editor navigation and useful too in improving my learning of AppleScript :slight_smile:

1 - I experience errors like

and hopefully find why, so I share :wink:

It is due to localization troubles in AppleScript - as I use a French configuration - in the bidirectional conversion of numeric values <=> text, needed by KM only text variables, e.g. "0.7521263669501823" <=> "0,7521263669501823".

For a more localization bullet proof transcoding, I suggest to change beginning of AppleScript code of Macro Scroll Position - Store for Current Macro (Sub-Macro) to

2 - BTW Macro Scroll Position - Restore for Current Macro (Sub-Macro) is not (yet) called :wink:

-Alain

Awesome - I like it. I'll do it.

It's not? This is what I see:

Are you saying it's different on yours?

This is that I see

I.e. the macro Toggle Between Macros and Maintain Scroll Position don't use macro Macro Scroll Position - Restore for Current Macro (Sub-Macro) of your zipped package.

I guess I don’t understand what you were saying then.

Dan, I'm good with that. I'll wait until the dust settles on your new round of macros before making any further comments or changes.

I agree with that. I posted my macro mainly for Dan's benefit, but if you are using it I suggest you now switch to Ver 2 of Dan's macro.

1 Like

I wish I could figure out how to get the list of macros that show up in the list you get when you click the “clock” icon. I don’t see that stored anywhere, at least not that I noticed.

Got any ideas?

BTW, good idea to wait for the dust to settle. I’m learning a bunch of new things today. :slight_smile:

Oh, and I hope you notice, all of the macros I uploaded today use “DND__” in front of variables I want to persist. And it’s funny - the moment I actually started using the prefix, I loved it. I thought it was going to look fugly, but it doesn’t at all. Guess I should have given in a long time ago! :blush:

OK, what other suggestions have you made that I blew off? :slight_smile:

I think this is called the "Recently Edited Macros" or "Macro Edit History".
You might check for a .plist in the KM support folder.

But I'm sure @peternlewis can tell us exactly where he stores this list.

I did notice, and was pleasantly surprised. It is good to hear that this convention works for you also.

Oh my, the list is far, far to long to publish here.:astonished:
Just kidding!!!! I think we agree on far, far more things that we have different preferences for --- and that is all they are, "preferences".
I'm sure I've learned more from you, and probably ignored more of your suggestions than the other way around. :smile:

LOL big time. And I wouldn't count on it - either of those things.

It is saved in the com.stairways.keyboardmaestro.editor.plist file, but only when the editor quits.

thanks, Peter.

Any ideas on how to get this list in real-time, while the KM Editor is open?
Or must we resort to using AppleScript to capture the list in the menu?

Hey JM,

I tried to do that when I wrote the open history button menu script, but as far as I can tell there are no UI elements available from button 1 of group 5 – even after the menu has been opened.

-Chris

Thanks, Chris.

I'm wondering...

What if you issued a DownArrow keystroke to highlight the first menu item?
Would it then be possible to capture the menu item name?

Nope.

No.

No UI elements are available.

-Chris

Any chance of getting access to this as an OSA command?

The world is full of possibilities. That one is more likely that Batman v Superman being a good movie, but probably less likely than the next Star Wars movie.

1 Like

You know... it's kind of... hard... to type... when... I'm laughing!

Thanks. That felt good. :slight_smile:

NOTE: This macro is now outdated.

KM now automatically keeps track of scroll position.

Please use this macro instead:

1 Like