Markdown List Macros Not Working?

Hello, I just downloaded the KM Markdown Library and all seems to be working except the list macros, which produce the error

Action Failed
Delete Past Clipboard 0 index out of range in macro "List 1, 2, 3" (while executing Delete Past Clipboard 0).

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions for what to do?

It sounds like you have the Clipboard History turned off. In any case, you can modify the "Delete Past Clipboard" action by clicking the "gear" icon, and turning off the "Failure" options.

1 Like

I don't think that's it, because the other macros in the MD bundle work fine (which also delete past clipboards), and besides this macro isn't even executing the paste action correctly. Really odd.

I guarantee that if you change the options on that action, that action won't give you any more grief.

Hi Dan,

You’re correct that this will stop the error from popping up, but it will not stop the fact that this macro simply doesn’t work for reasons I can’t figure out.

Teddy

You asked this question:

I told you how to fix that problem. If my solution didn't solve that specific error, then let me know.

Otherwise, if there's another error after fixing that one, then you need to specify what it is. Much as I wish it weren't the case, I'm not clairvoyant. :joy:

1 Like

Hi Dan,

I mentioned this in the prior reply - the paste action isn’t even executing, so something odd is going on with this macro, perhaps related to the RegEx step. Do you use this macro yourself, and if so does it work fine for you?

Teddy

For completeness, here's the macro as shown in the editor:

No, I don't use it, but thanks for posting the image. I'm wondering if using ⌘V instead of a Paste action might be the problem. Maybe the paste action hasn't actually started before the clipboard entry is deleted? I have actions with that Delete command, and they work fine, but I use the Copy action.

Also, it only needs one Delete Past Clipboard action, not two. Not only could 2 of those actions potentially cause the error message you originally mentioned at the start, they could also be deleting an item off your clipboard history you might want.

Thanks Dan - appreciate the suggestion.

1 Like

I knew you were going to say that.

1 Like