Move Any Selection to a Favourite or Just Open the Folderj

I have created simple macros for some favourite folders that have been assigned to the same keyboard shortcut, so that they cause the display of a conflict pallet:

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 11.33.30

An example of a Favourite folder macro:

Each selection sets a variable fpFolder to the path of that favourite folder. A handling macro is called that checks if the favourite folder contains a subfolder (at the first level only). If so, the user gets a prompt to select the intended destination subfolder.

Then the macro checks if any Finder selection exists, if so it moves the selection to the selected favourite folder (or selected subfolder) and opens that folder. If no Finder selection exists, the selected favourite folder or subfolder is opened straight away.

The handling macro:

Move any selection to a Favourite or just open the folder.kmmacros (26.9 KB)

2 Likes

I've added the parent folder too (next step on my to do list: make ESC open this parent folder directly). And I've used the sorting created by Tom here: Using RegEx to sort text in a variable?

In order to make this sorting work (and get exactly the sorting order that I wanted), I had to disable the Sorting in the Prompt with List action.

Move any selection to a Favourite or just open the folder.kmmacros (30.5 KB)

1 Like