Omission? "If Then Else" command doesn't let us target *named* clipboards

I just tried to use the “If Then Else” command but need to validate a named clipboard (not the general system-wide clipboard), and this option doesn’t appear to exist. Is that an omission? If so, chalk it up for a future improvement.

Thanks for such an excellent program!

In the interim, you can use this as a workaround:

Thanks. Found another workaround too: I can “Copy Clipboard to Clipboard” and use that to copy the named clipboard to the System Clipboard, then use the If Then Else command to check the System Clipboard for specific criteria.

Nice, I didn’t think about that. I prefer to stick with variables when possible, for no particular reason. :slight_smile:

What are you checking for? If it is text, you can use the Text condition and the NamedClipboard token.

@peternlewis – oh, that’s true. I didn’t think of that. (Yes, I’m searching for a text string.)

I still think it feels like an odd omission that If Then Else includes a parameter for The Clipboard but not named clipboards…

True. As I add features they are not always added absolutely everywhere consistently. Consistency is definitely a worthy goal, but not always achieved.