Open KM editor to current application set (Group)?

There was a preference choice in ole’ Quickeys that was nice.
That when you opened the editor, it opened to the (group) of the current application that you were in.
In Quickeys there were only application sets and you could not define your own (groups)
I understand that since in KM you can define a number of (groups) and you can name your ‘application’ sets (groups), that this might not be possible.
But maybe if the group was named exactly as the application the editor could open to that group?
Just a thought~

1 Like

Hey Troy,

This sort of thing is already possible in Keyboard Maestro 7.3.x.

Go-To Front-App's Group in Keyboard Maestro v1.0 by ccs.kmmacros (3.8 KB)

Since the user can name their groups any old thing it may be necessary to do some custom name-mapping in the script, but this gives a demonstration of what's possible.

-Chris

2 Likes

woof~ nice =)

• I had to give this one more than the ‘nice’ thing.
    cheers

You are like the apple scripting wizard!

1 Like

BTW, big thanks for this.

This just makes life better.

Cheers, mate.

1 Like

I keep running into errors like this:

System Events got an error: Can’t get group 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of group 1 of window 1 of application process "Keyboard Maestro" whose subrole = "AXStandardWindow" whose name contains "Things3". Invalid index.

Num: -1719

Any ideas how to fix this?

Looks like you are trying to activate a macro or macro group by the name of "Things3". That won't work in the whose clause above. There the "name" term refers to the name of the window. Furthermore, you can have ONLY one whose clause. You have two.

Please tells exactly what you are trying to achieve, and maybe we can help.

Nope, but your reply made me realize the answer.

My macro group in KM was named “Things” instead of “Things3.” Once I fixed that, the ccstone’s macro worked fine. I will now go hunting the other mis-named groups.

Many thanks!