Paste Keyboard Maestro Version and macOS System Version

Hey Folks,

A simple typed-string-triggered macro to paste Keyboard Maestro's version number and the macOS System version.

Limited to Yosemite and later – it will automagically produce a string for the currently installed KM and System versions.

Type: kmv;<space> to produce:

Keyboard Maestro 8.2 on macOS 10.12.6

(Change the typed-string to suit yourself.)

This kind of macro is great when you need to report a bug or are asking how to do things on a forum when software versions make a difference.

I have a number of them for apps like Keyboard Maestro, BBEdit, Script Debugger, Typinator, etc.

-Chris

Return Keyboard Maestro Version and macOS System Version v1.00.kmmacros (5.9 KB)

4 Likes

For people who use Alfred, I use this awesome workflow to quickly give me a version of any app I have on my system. Just search for the app in the list, press enter and the version number is in your clipboard ready to be pasted.

1 Like

Hey Nikita,

That’s slick.

You can do something similar with LaunchBar without a workflow.

1. Find an app with LaunchBar.
  2. Type to descend into the app package.
  3. Type as much or as little of “version” as it take to find the version number.
  4. Copy.

-Chris

Hi Chris

On my system I can just use → to go into the package.

You must have this option activated.

Instant Info Browsing
Allows to trigger Info Browsing by pressing
and holding the right arrow key.

Press and hold is required.

Quick press takes you to a document list for that application if one is available.

I think I'll leave it on for a while and see if I like it.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-Chris

1 Like

I can not remember if I have messed with the default settings. But I probably have :smile: