Question about assigning apps to screen position

Hi all,

Newbie here, so apologies if I have made a very silly mistake.

I'm trying to rung a macro for opening two apps, side by side on my screen on my MBP. However, the problem is that Mail and OF3 aren't opening side by side. Mail is opening as desired (LSH, 50%), but OF3 is opening in a new desktop.

Can someone point me in the direction of what I'm doing wrong? I have (hopefully) posted a screen grab below:

Before each Move and Resize action , add a Pause Until Conditions action to ensure that application is at the front
Something like the following (Set your own application accordingly). Add a pause of few seconds to ensure the Window is shown.

By desktop are you referring to a space? Is OF3 opening full screen?

You can also accomplish this by setting two conditions in the pause until action:

1. pause until app is running
  2. pause until the front window of said app exists

That generally works well to ensure that the app is running and the window appears (exists). This negates the need for the extra 2 second pause.

cdthomer,
On my side, the resizing fails to work for first application until a pause of 2sec is added (to ensure window is shown). despite setting those pause condition (these conditions apparently do not guarantee window is shown fast enough for Move&Resize action to act on). So can try adding a pause action if it helps.

Thanks to both @macdevign_mac and @cdthomer. The combination of the two pauses did the trick!

I'm really grateful to both of you.

Happy New Year.

1 Like

Glad you got it working! Let us know if you need anything else :grin:

1 Like