Question about timed triggers

Hi!

On Friday afternoons, there's a specific macro I want to launch from my work computer. I have it so that the macro requires a specific wifi network, and along with that I want it to launch in the afternoon. But I see the the time field is "exact." I basically want it to launch whenever I wake my computer on Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM or LATER. How do I do that? Thank you!!

Set a flag or semaphore that is turned off during the day
On login or startup if the flag is unset, then run your macro, oh and check it is friday.
Suggest you call the macro TGIF.

Thanks!

So there's no way to automate it without doing something manual to set the flag? I just wish there was a trigger like "3:00 PM or after" or something like that.

my understanding is that if your mac is on and it is 3pm it will trigger
if you turn the mac on at 3.01 it will NOT trigger till tomorrow at 3pm
so you need a semaphore/flag that you can check either at login/restart or say every 15minutes

For followers of this forum, there is probably a REGEX expression that does this for you, but I have no idea what that is. :slight_smile:

Drat. :slight_smile:

I think two simple Macros that use a Periodic trigger should work:

1. Main Macro that is triggered every 15 min starting at 3pm on Fri, and then disables itself when it successfully runs the first time.
  2. Support Macro that Enables the Main Macro starting on Mon-Thur (or whatever days you like, just not Fri).

Take a look at this example.

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

You can enable both Macros after you import them.
Both macros self-disable after it runs the first time.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   1. MAIN -- Trigger After Certain Time on Given Day [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2020-07-31 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

MAIN -- Trigger After Certain Time on Given Day [Example].kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   2. SUPPORT -- ENABLE Macro Trigger After Certain Time on Given Day [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2020-07-31 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

SUPPORT -- ENABLE Macro Trigger After Certain Time on Given Day [Example] .kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.