Reformat Date, Remove line break, prepend and append but only after a date is matched?

Thank you! That one seems to be doing the same thing as the last one. But I had an idea. I formatted the notes manually and then copied out of Roam so we could see what it prefers. I didn't format the whole list of highlights. Just a couple for time sake. Here is how they come out of Roam:

- [[August 10th, 2020]]
    - “Men will never receive support from patriarchal culture for their emotional development. But if as enlightened witnesses we offer the men we love (our fathers, brothers, lovers, friends, comrades) affirmation that they can change as well as assurance that we will accept them when they are changed, transformation will not seem as risky.”
- [[August 10th, 2020]]
    - “Any woman who supports patriarchy who then claims to either love the men in her life or be frustrated that they do not love her is in a state of denial.”

So it seems it's both a series of spaces and a dash.

Good thinking! Here's a version that uses the same spacing and dashes as that example:

Format Books Highlights for Roam Research 1.2.5.kmmacros (10.5 KB)

It's still nesting all highlights under the date of the first highlight rather than the date each highlight was made.

At this point, I have to conclude that Roam Research doesn't like pasting all at once, so the only other thing I can think of is to have KM type the formatted text instead of paste it. Try using the Type Clipboard macro that comes in the Macro Library after formatting the text copied from Books (you may want to use a previous version of that macro, like 1.2.2 or 1.2.1, in case the 1.2.5 version with dashes doesn't work) and if that still doesn't work as expected, I can try modifying the macro to paste or type each line as it's formatted, rather than all at once.