REST API calls from within Keyboard Maestro?

Hi

First of all: Thanks for developing KM! I absolutly love it, since more than a year.

I don't appear to be able to find a missing feature: I would like to trigger REST-API calls directly from within KM. So for example place a PUT to an URL with a body or place a GET from another. Is there a way to do it directly from within KM?

My use case is that I want to to create keyboard shortcuts for my home automation system (habridge).

Of course I could go and loop over a script, but I'd rather not.

Thanks for any help.

lg, Thomas

PS: Without the direct support I would do it vial curl from the commandline with
curl -X PUT http://jelly/api/3cbccd0339a146088bfac2d9e864cc66/lights/7/state -H 'cache-control: no-cache' -d '{ "on": true }'
but as said: Would be a nice feature to place API-calls directly from within KM :slight_smile: )

curl is probably the best answer, it is very versatile.

Agreed, though CURL does the job for 100%, it would be beneficial for me to avoid writing scripts for basic GET/POST requests.

It would be cool to see KM create a nice GUI actions similar to how Workflow/Shortcuts for iOS does it with their “Get Contents of URL” action, maybe someone already created a third party action for this?

Hey Tyler,

See the Get a URL action.

-Chris

Get URL doesn't support POST or JSON post request similar to what workflow/shortcuts supports.

Hey @nexgen,

“GET” by definition is completely opposite to “POST”.

Peter clearly doesn't want to mess with this.

But – that doesn't stop you from making a formal feature request.

-Chris