Restoring macros and settings after computer destruction

My computer broke down and I had to use a non-time machine backup.

That means I have to restore KM from application support files found in the library I think. I have a Mac. I'm not finding any file that looks like .kmmacros.

I also had about 30 keys set to run macros, I really don't want to have to reassign those keys. Isn't there a file with those settings?

Anyway, I'm using KM 7 and have MacOS 13 but the application support files were from MacOS 12. I'm uploading what my /library/application support/Keyboard Maestro folder looks like:

See Peter's instructions in How to Import Macros From a Time Machine Backup?

No that didn't do it. As you can see from my screenshot I've already found the KM folder in the application support folder. Does it have to be the folder in /users/library/application support or in the /macintosh hd/library/application support/ ? I don't have the latter since it's not a time machine back up but backblaze.

To quote Peter, "Restore the ~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro folder." That's neither of your options but /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro.

Well, I've restored that folder and nothing happened. Do I have all the right files in the folder?

Here's a peek at the first files in /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro on my machine:

1 Like