Search for a string within a macro?

I occasionally want/need to find all occurrences of a string within the actions of the macro I am editing. (Ideally, I would also like a Search and Replace.) I want this in particular for changing variable names. It is tedious to look for the strings manually, especially when there may be multiple levels of groups/repeats/conditionals that include other macros, which makes it difficult to expand all the actions.

Is there already a way to do that? Would someone be able to write a meta-macro for this? I realize I can just export the macros, edit the resulting kmmacros file in any text editor to change the variable name within the XML (and do whatever else I want, if I am careful), then import the macro back. And that might just be the best approach, but I want to see if this post provokes other ideas or offers.

I’ll post something soon. I’ve been intending on writing this up, so now’s a good time. I’ll have it ready in a few hours, unless it gets complicated.

I’m going to need to do a video for this, so it may not be done today. But I’m working on it now, so it should be soon.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this. Sounds like something that could be very helpfull.

Sorry to disappoint. I guess I won’t be posting this after all. Long story.