Send selected emails (Mail / Outlook 2016) to TaskPaper 3

That looks right – i’ll try to investigate at the weekend.

Any error messages ?

1 Like

Thank you for the response.

There was an error about an unexpected end of script. I copied and pasted the last version here, and that error went away. I suspect that I accidentally deleted the last line of the script when I was experimenting with removing the Outlook parts.

Now I am getting an error of "null."

Nothing is placed into TaskPaper.

Ideas?

Checking in. Any thoughts?

Just finally taking a look now – do you find that the script works stand-alone if you launch it from the Mail script icon ?

(it does here)

I think the problem may be in the script’s expectation that Mail is the active document when you launch the script. Are you launching from KM ? LaunchBar ?

Also working for me here from a KM macro folder restricted to Mail

and attached to a keystroke and packaged like this:

Send links to selected email(s) to active TaskPaper 3 document.kmmacros (25.8 KB)

Could you tell me more about the context in which it isn't finding Mail as the front app ?

I'm downloaded it and installed it, and it is working now. It might be the KM macro folder that you put it on.

Thank you @ComplexPoint !

Does anyone know how to modify this for Mailmate?

At first glance, it doesn't look as if MailMate's scripting API exposes the selection in the front window ...

Has anyone found a way of deriving a selection list from a MailMate window ?

I think this is the material that one would need to dive into:

https://github.com/mailmate/mailmate_manual/wiki/Bundles

Execution mode > multiple messages

Not a MailMate user myself, but it looks rewarding for those that are.

PS (Might be simpler to use KM to automate use of the MailMate menu's Edit > Copy As Link )

I have also faced a similar problem with my outlook account. When I was sending the emails to my boss, at that time, I got a little notification which is outlook error 0x800ccc0e gmail.For that reason, I was unable to send the emails to taskpaper3.

I would love to use this as a jumping off point to send emails from Outlook 2016/365 directly into DEVONthink3 (including placing an outlook:// link to the original in the DT3 metadata). Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start with this script to integrate with DT3?