Set Macro Group Active Only for Certain URLs

I've recently written some macros for quickly applying Gmail labels. They are simple mouse click and type macros.

Optimally I would like to have them only active when Gmail is in the browser. Really, the browser is just a container for web applications. So it would be great if we could filter macro groups to particular sites.

One approach would be to support indicating a URL regular expression that is checked against the current URL before the macro group are activated.

I assume that is not doable now, but any thoughts on adding it in the future?

Hey David,

To me it doesn’t make a lot of sense to create a timed macro that monitors Safari for a certain URL. It’s a waste of cpu-time on my system.

But. It can be done.

You can also use a manual activator that notices what the current page’s URL is and acts accordingly.

You could buy MailPlane and have a lot more goodies for Gmail than a web browser provides.

You could use Fluid to produce a Gmail-Specific browser.

There are a number of methods to tackle this problem.

-Chris

I use Fluid for accessing gmail and it's brilliant.

Fluid and AirPlane are two good workaround ideas, thanks. However I have lots of websites I want to automate, and I don’t want to create a Fluid app for everyone.

I really think KM should look at building this in as a group filter just like applications. Essentially it could allow filtering by URL name if the application has URLs (it can tell from the applescript dictionary). As I said above, URL pattern makes sense since every website is essentially its own “application” with every different buttons, icons, and actions someone would want to take. The new Chrome actions are very cool, but without this its hard to use them for non-“global” actions. Thx.

Hi! Is there a solution for is? I have a use-case where normally a window title could be used, but the webpage (HubSpot) has a dynamic title without any identifying words to match against. I would like to have a macro group for HubSpot, but currently, I have no ideas how to approach this apart from just restricting the macros to Chrome.

The 3rd macro shared here works: