Set Reminder for 20 minutes

Hi all, this must be really easy, but I can't figure it out: how can I tell Keyboard Maestro to set a Reminder to go off in 20 minutes?

Thanks! This seems like it must be easy

I don't think KM provides direct support for the Apple Reminders app, but you can use a KM Execute an AppleScript action to get the job done.

Here is an example Reminders script that you can adapt for your needs:

AppleScript for Reminders App

set remListName to "Test"
set remItemName to "This is a cool reminder."
set remDate to (current date) + (1 * hours)

tell application "Reminders"
  set remListList to every list

set oList to list remListName
  tell oList
    make new reminder at end with properties {name:remItemName, due date:remDate}
  end tell
end tell

1 Like

This is awesome! Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.

Wait, I'm having a little problem with Apple script.

This sets the due date of the notification perfectly, but I also need to tell Reminders when to notify me so that it will send me a message.

Would you happen to know the script for that?

Thanks so much for your help!

Never mind! I figured it out. Thank you so much!

I'm not sure I understand your question, but could you please post the solution you found, so that other's might benefit?

Thanks.

1 Like

Absolutely! Somewhat inexplicably, Reminders distinguishes between a reminder's "due date" and the date when you want it to remind you of something.

This makes little sense to me, but, instead of "due date:remDate" , I put "remind me date:remDate" and this did the trick!

Well, you're just looking to set an alarm but a full reminder would encompass a deadline to be reminded about.

So it may make sense to you if you think about the need to 1) record when something has to be done and 2) when you'd like to be reminded about it -- presumably in time to do something about it. :slight_smile:

And in that case you may want to know how long before the deadline to get an alarm.

Good points, Mrpansini. I appreciate that. That helped me make sense of it!

Here's an example macro with a User Prompt action featuring a popup menu for a variety of alarm settings.

But it might just be easier to tell Siri, "Remind me to backup my system in 10 minutes."

Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4 “Set Alarm” Macro

Set Alarm.kmmacros (3.7 KB)

2 Likes

I really like that. Use Siri all the the time on my iPhone, and more and more on my Mac.

1 Like