Show a "Display Text Large" Bezel But Smaller

If you are asking how to dynamically size text in a Custom HTML form, so that the text always fills the window, regardless of window size, the answer is most certainly yes. I researched this a few months ago myself. I don't think HTML supports it directly, but it does support it indirectly by allowing you to insert Javascript inside the HTML code. Do you really want to go down that rabbit hole? I think there is a thread about this very topic on this website.

The code to do this is readily available on GitHub. I found about a dozen different, free solutions. I got a little frustrated but I actually did get one of them working in KM this year. And then for some reason I gave up.

2 Likes

LOL,

Thanx @Sleepy , yeah... don't need more rabbit holes... =), appreciate your opinion... certainly...

Thank you, I'll just keep the text short enough to fit in the box... Really that's all I need anyhow...

Cheers

Ok. I find that some languages (like Javascript, Python) are very general-purpose but to get anything useful done you have to download add-ons from who-knows-where. These languages are really designed for people who like to assemble solutions from many sources, so I think that they aren't very useful for me. I like to have a language that provides all the tools people need for most tasks within the language itself. KM is a little better in this regard than some languages. But it will never be able to give everyone what they want, (eg, your example of dynamic text size) so it includes hooks to things like AppleScript, Javascript, HTML, Shell, and so on.

Since I'll probably pass into "the great sandbox in the sky" before Peter does, I'm not too worried about KM's long term direction. But what I'd like to see are more built-in KM actions that deal with HomeKit, Metal (for more output options), Shortcuts, file conversion/manipulation actions, ImageMagick (for more screen analysis) and a bunch of other macOS features that KM users probably use a lot of.

1 Like

Thanks for this so much @martin – years later it's still helpful! :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad it has served you well! :smile:

Same here. This was exactly what I was looking for this morning, right on the front page. I put your HTML Prompt template into my Global Macro Group as a subroutine which make it very convenient to invoke as needed from other macros.

1 Like