Show Notification Message

Thanks. Instruction video worked well. It's working now. Much easier then set a normal notification, pause and applescript for closing notifications

Awesome job, guys! :smile:

1 Like

Everything still works in MacOS Catalina :smile: if you also have notifications for when a new volume is mounted on mac, you’ll need to turn off the MacOS quarantine flag for unsigned applications https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/267441

Hello.
First Dan, let me tell you that during the years I'd been using KM I found many of your articles/replies/videos/etc SO helpful. I've learned a lot when I needed it.
I came across this thread when I was researching exactly what your plugin is supposed to do.
I did exactly all you said, but still, the plugins do not show in the System Preferences Notification pane.
I read some other users had the same problem. Gerrit mentioned an instructional video.
If there is one, how can I find it/what else can I do to make it work?
BTW, I am using Big Sur version 11.1 (20C69).
Again, thanks a lot!
Saul

1 Like

Hi Saul - thanks for the kind words. I don't think this is needed anymore, is it? Isn't there a standard "Notification" action now? https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/action/Notification.

1 Like

Hi @Saul, the Plugin in Catalina or Big Sur did not work for me either. I don't have a solution for you either.

What exactly are you trying to set up/achieve with notifications?

I switched to the Pushover app for iOS and macOS (one-time 10,- €) some time ago. The advantage here is that you can use a KM plugin to quickly and efficiently create a notification that appears on all  devices.
You can embed URL's , like Siri Shortcuts etc.. Also an icon for a better overview of the notification (for iOS).

Here is an example for my Battery Status on my iMac:

2021_01_31_Support_1

Here is an example for my ScreenFlow export to Tweetbot:

I use these notifications to show me in ScreenFlow and FCP X the completed export.
Synchronization's processes or even the completion of a backup and much more.

1 Like

Hi appleianner.
Thanks for taking the time to update me regarding the fact that it doesn't work with BS, much appreciated.
Regarding the app you recommended I'll try.
Thanks again and have a good coming week.
Saul

1 Like

Hi Dan.
"thanks for the kind words." Those are not just kind words. That's the truth and spoken from my heart.

" I don't think this is needed anymore" Very much appreciate you telling me that. (Already incorporated in the macro I was working on). :blush:
I thought there is something like this. The reason I didn't find it was that I was searching for "Notifications".
Now I know! :blush:
Thanks again.

1 Like