[Solved] "No Fields Found" In 'Set Safari Field to Text' Action?

Hi All,

New KM user, just picked it up today to automate away a repetitive task at work. I have minimal programming / scripting experience, but none of that seems to be coming in handy here.

The task I'm trying to do is simple -- iterate through the fields available on a page (ie First & Last names, worker ID, etc.) copying each to be pasted somewhere later. The only way I've been able to do it thus far is brute-forcing it through simulated keystrokes and "click at found image".

No website with fields that I've tried EVER shows up as having any to Keyboard Maestro. It always tells me that no fields are found, and even if I copy and paste the XPath of that given field as the "Set field:" destination it doesn't work. I know I'm missing something here.

The website I was testing the field manipulation on was this. KM Browser Control - Basics Test

Here's a picture of the "no fields" popup:

And here's the website I was trying this on--the XPath seen above was copy pasted from the last name field of identity.

This would seem to work for me:

2022-11-04_23-58-42

Hey Logan,

You probably don't have "Allow JavaScript from Apple Events" turned on in Safari...

-Chris

2 Likes

Solved! I didn't have this enabled. Many thanks!

2 Likes