[SOLVED] "prune" in shell seems to do the opposite

I'm sure this is a simple solution, but being new to shell and now the "prune" option, I can't seem to make this work.

I want to find all files that were modified in the last 5 minutes, inside a specific folder, but I want to exclude the "skip" folder. When I run this, it shows me all files. It does indeed exclude that folder (and the files inside it), but it doesn't filter out the files that weren't modified in the last 5 minutes:

find "$KMVAR_Local__mainDir" -type f -mmin -5 -path "/Users/dannywyatt/My Files/Tests/Keyboard Maestro Tests/_Template with multiple files and folder/skip" -prune -o -print

I also tried

find "$KMVAR_Local__mainDir" -path "/Users/dannywyatt/My Files/Tests/Keyboard Maestro Tests/_Template with multiple files and folder/skip" -prune -type f -mmin -5  -o -print

but no luck.

I got this from other websites, because as I said, I'm new to this. Can someone explain why it works when I add the -o -print at the end, but when I remove it, I get absolutely no results?

After a few more tests, reading, and banging my head against the wall until I saw "the light", I was able to make it work using -not instead of prune. Then was I was able to get rid of the -o print at the end (if someone can still explain what that is, it's always good to learn something new.

find "$KMVAR_Local__mainDir" -type f -mmin -15 -not -path "/Users/dannywyatt/My Files/Tests/Keyboard Maestro Tests/_Template with multiple files and folder/skip/*"

It seems that the small, but important issue, was that I wasn't adding /* at the end. Once I did, it started working.
I don't know why it doesn't work the same way using prune though.