Macro Frequently Stops Running for Unknown Reasons

Hello,

One of my macros frequently stops when used.

It's a simple attendance check macro, and I don't know why.

I am using a M1 Mac Mini with macOS Monterey.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me.

Group.kmactions (595 KB)

Howdy! Thanks for posting the macro itself. I apologize that I don’t speak or read that language (Korean?) so it’s hard to know what might be going on but a great first step would to be turning on debugging and executing the macro to see where it is failing.

If you need help with that just say so and I’d be glad to walk you through it.

2 Likes

I would start by checking out the engine.log file to see what clues that gives you.

Potentially relevant Cannot Find a Macro Which Is Triggered by a Specific Hotkey Trigger - #2 by MikeTheClicker

If no clue there then I would jump into debugging and or logging using the log action.

2 Likes

Hey There,

What exactly stops?

If you haven't read this it's worth a couple of minutes of your time.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

-Chris

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to run it in debugging mode, but it stopped suddenly. It is not an error that stops at a particular stage.

Thank you for your answer.

Sometimes it works well, not exactly where it stops, and sometimes it stops or stops in the middle, as if it ran out of memory at the beginning.

What does the engine.log say when it suddenly stops unexpectedly?

1 Like

Hey @hi-keyboard,

Please don't post KM actions unless there's a really good reason. Post a complete macro instead.

When posting macros to the Keyboard Maestro forum please use these guidelines:

1. Always Post a Macro File.

• This means people won't have to reinvent the wheel to test your macro, and that significantly improves the likelihood that someone will help you.
  2. Always Post a Macro Image.

• Folks generally won't download something they haven't eyeballed first, so an image of the macro is crucial.

If you haven't seen these they're worth a moment of your time:

Tip: How to Post Your Macro to the Forum

Macro: Automating Sharing Macros or Actions to the Forum

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

--
Take Care,
Chris

(Keyboard Maestro Moderator)

1 Like