Stream Deck Causes "System Events" AppleScripts to Run Slow

I know this isn’t a Stream Deck forum but I know several of you use Stream Deck and are very knowledgable so I wanted to see if anybody has any ideas as to why something is happening.

The short version is as soon as the SD software starts, certain AppleScripts begin to run very slowly. I have updated SD software, the device firmware, made sure my OS is up to date, tried different USB ports and everything else I could think of but to no avail. As soon as the software quits the AppleScripts begin to run as normal, providing near instant results.

Fortunately, it's not all of my AppleScripts; just some. It appears to be mainly the ones that interact with "System Events", as every other one I've tried works just fine.

It's frustrating and disappointing because I have wanted one of these things for 3 years and now it's really throwing a wrench into my workflow. If anybody can shed some light on this or point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

P.S. I also reached out to Elgato directly as well as posted on their Reddit forum and am waiting to hear back. But the KM forum rarely fails me so I thought I would check here too. Thanks again!

Update: I seem to have found the issue...it's a specific plugin, the one for Zoom. I uninstalled it and now any AppleScripts using "System Events" run flawlessly. This is the link to where I discovered that. I'm kicking myself for not having come across that page until AFTER I posted this but MAYBE this thread will help others in the future :laughing:

I wonder if this is related to my observation that System Events burns quite a lot of CPU.

While I have Keyboard Maestro installed and active I also have two StreamDecks attached.

I wouldn’t know to be honest. I'm not very knowledgeable on programming and my AppleScripts are quite basic.

What Stream Decks do you use and what do you use them for if you don't mind me asking?

I have a 6-button one and a 15-button one.

Initial automations we're going to specific sites. Now I'm more likely to kick off automation via Keyboard Maestro. Essentially KM-driven AppleScript.

It's also occurred to me that cancelled macros might contribute to System Events, though that might be ones that just wait for events that never come. But here I'm speculating.