Stream Deck Plugin with Multuiple Folders or Profiles

@corcules That works great - really nice - Thanks!

Thats very Nice @corcules!
Although the advantage of the KM Plugin is that it can change the icon and text from KM, where yours is fixed. And, a few macro's of mine use the Is Down or Key Release function.

Could you give some examples of how that may be helpful?

@rkaplan
To display the status of a function.

Imagine that the button is a toggle. John is home. John is out.

if variable John is "home" set variable John to "out" and make stream deck image icon out
else
set variable John to "home" and make stream deck image icon home

2 Likes

Well, i use two Streamdeck 15keys and one 32keys with a lot of profils and folders on each.
KM Plugin is not useable for me:

• trigger by key position, quite annoying with multiple profil/folder
  • don’t remember key state
  • don’t identify a streamdeck device from another.

key feedback with dynamic title and icon is really interesting but i really don’t known what to do with that...

I made this streamdeck plugin to make my life simpler. So i prefer mine;-)

2 Likes

Yes, your way of selecting which macro to run with the current button makes much more sense. This is also how the application SoundFlow does this, for the people who are familiar with that app.
I will suggest Peter this:

1 Like

Our Stream Deck just arrived and like another post we purchased because of Keyboard Maestro integration. I was struggling with this very thing since Keyboard Maestro is by key position using the multiple Profiles on the stream deck very confusing. When I am in Pro Tools I wanted to pick from all my Pro Tools limited Keyboard Maestro macros and when in Logic to be able to choose from my Logic Keyboard Maestro macros. The position only can work but as soon as I go into sub folders within the application then it all breaks down. Thank you for confirming that this is the way it behaved. Very nice app I look forward to using it.

It looks like we're off to a great start but further refinements can be made between the integration.

@corcules can you help me with the way KM Link sorts things, it seems completely random and not alphabetized. I am sure there is some logic but with 3,000 macros it takes a very long time to find and scroll through the list to get to the macros I am trying to assign. Is there a way to sort it like column view or to alphabetize the groups?

@skillet Yes, the macros list in KMLink just reflects the order in Keayboard Maestro list. Obviously, KM records macros in chronological order inside groups. At this time, i just use macro groups in the plugin. I'm planning to add some options to sort the macro list in the plugin, alphabetical, by date, etc... as soon as i have time...

1 Like

That would be wonderful, hoping you find the time soon, that would be a great addition! Thanks for your reply and making your plugin, it is very helpful! I realy wanted to use Peter's integration but unfortunately it just falls apart too much with sublevel folders.

I just need to jump in here and thank @rkaplan for creating this post @peternlewis for jumping in (and for creating the developer of the greatest Mac Automation Tool in history, the reason we are all here, you know nbd) but especially for @corcules for the amazing Stream Deck plugin you created and shared. It's absolutely perfect! I have made a bunch of Stream Deck profiles and the key clashes were def gettin' me down. I was really hoping to find a way to use the Stream Deck with multiple profiles and not have Keyboard Maestro get confused. Thanks all!

Community FTW!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I just realized something else AMAZING about @corcules' Stream Deck plugin. Not only does it add the amazing benefit of not having button conflicts on separate profiles (a truly awesome feature) but it does something even more amazing.

I don't have to think up triggers anymore!

No keyboard shortcuts, no buttons than conflict. The KM plugin you created frees me from EVEN NEEDING TO SET A TRIGGER AT ALL. I am still having a hard time wrapping my mind around this, but what freedom!!! Thank you so much!!

Very much looking forward to any additions and refinements, but as it is, this is a true gift to Stream Deck users!

1 Like

Hi guys,

a small update of KM Plugin for streamdeck is available

@skillet, you may like it...

EDIT : 1.4 release was replaced by the 1.4.1 with a correct number version

1 Like

Hey @corcules! Thanks for your effort in creating this. I'm sure it's superb. How do we update the current 1.3? Do we uninstall the older and reinstall the new? If so, will our setups remain? I love this plugin so I'm a bit cautious before I do something drastic.

Thanks,
KC

This is great it looks like you updated how it sorts my 3,000+ macros. I can't wait to install it tomorrow when I get into work, thank you!

You're right, i didn't think about updating and this is not very well managed by the Streamdeck app...
Yes you have to uninstall-reinstall.

• download the new version and unzip
  • in SD app, go to "More Action" then click on "uninstall" KMlink plugin.
  • then double click on the com.corcules.kmlink.streamDeckPlugin to reinstall.
    Your setup will be unchanged.
1 Like

Thank you for the assurance on the update. It's clean and works wonderfully. I appreciate your efforts in creating this.

Thank you again!

KC

@corcules Thanks for this update! The organization and recent sections are excellent. I can't thank you enough for this plugin.

2 Likes

I completely agree, thank you very much this is now extremely useable for me thanks a bunch! I wish StreamDeck made it possible to sort by groups and then sort by macros in those groups so the list was shorter but not a huge deal it is a zillion times faster now then it was before! Thanks again!!

My comments on this plugin from the other thread:

Hi @corcules. KMLink has made the Stream Deck worth its weight in gold for me. Thanks so much for making it!!!

Could you explain what the "Optional Parameter" box is for? Is it possible to enter text here and have Keyboard Maestro pick it up as a variable to paste? If so, it would mean that I could have one master KM macro for inserting plugins in Logic Pro, with the plugin name referenced from the button, rather than have to make a separate macro for each plugin. This would cut the time taken to program each button considerably!