Stream Deck

Good morning,

I recently purchased a Stream Deck. However, I'm having trouble integrating it with Keyboard Maestro. I've used the official plugin to add three buttons to my Stream Deck. In Keyboard Maestro, I have "This Device Key" selected, but when I push the Stream Deck button that I want to be associated, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Nicole

Please check out

Forum with "stream deck streamdeck" as search,
and the Keyboard Maestro Wiki with stream deck streamdeck.
And if it is still not solved, come back here :slight_smile:

I appreciate it, but I have already gone through those, plus watched David Sparks' Stream Deck video in the Keyboard Maestro Field Guide that walks through step-by-step, and I don't see this question asked or answered anywhere. Everything seems to indicate that you should be able to push the corresponding button on your Stream Deck once you have the trigger set to "This device key," but when I do that, nothing happens.

Can you share a screenshot of the full KM macro you're testing (select it and go to Edit-> Copy as Image), then paste it here.

Sure, here it is:

Maybe modifiers only work with a "proper key", try it with say A and a modifier?? As it is you have not selected anything.

I just happened to click that and see if it worked, but I've tried without the modifier as well. :frowning:

are you using a usb hub? if you are, try plugging the stream deck directly into the mac.

No hub, but I am using a USB-C to USB 3.1 adapter because my MacBook doesn't have a USB-A port. I wonder if that's the issue, which would be really disappointing since I don't have another option.

What model is your StreamDeck? Is its connection USB-C? I am concerned about voltages and compatibility.

I have no idea what happened, but I just tried it again, and it's working today! :woman_shrugging::tada: Thank you all for trying to help me figure this out. I'm hoping it was a fluke and that I won't have any issues going forward.

1 Like

It just gave in and surrrended when it realised it was up against the power of the Keyboard Maestro User Forum. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FYI - Stream Deck works fine with a USB-C adapter, that's how I've used mine since day one.

KMlink is another option to consider when using Keyboard Maestro and a Stream Deck. Not as powerful as the official Keyboard Maestro plugin, but if you just want to associate a macro with a button, it will suffice.