Stream Deck

I have every intention of moving it to GitHub. But now that I've returned to work (from the holidays) it's turned into a weekend project.. so .. slowly but surely :slight_smile:

Stream Deck 4.01 has now SDK sets. Please PeterNLewis, embrace this piece of hardware!

1 Like

A friend of mine got a Stream Deck and I was wondering about KM integration. Of course that led to this post and as a result (definitely further inspired by your post) I bit the bullet and bought it.

I'd love a more detailed look into your setup (database, etc.) as I would like to do something very similar. Did you ever set up a repo, or do you have a document that you could share explaining the process?

Thanks!

Since the release of the official SDK I decided to re-do everything as a StreamDeck SDK Plugin. I am using python, and you can follow along the StreamDeck SDK reddit channel. The learning curve, and mistakes, and lack of 'proper' logging and debugging have made progress slow, but I'm definitely getting there.

I have two plugins atm:
The first plugin is a simple plugin that executes a KM macro, I use it for git difftool, and to build the various apps I work on (StreamDeck plugin -> KM (AppleScript) -> Xcode)

Another Plugin I have working rn, has a button that shows the iTunes album art of the currently playing song (it updates when the song changes, or pauses), along with the current song's star rating as a 'label' at the bottom. The star rating updates if I update it via KM.

I am working on cleaning up the python plugin for GitHub and will let you know when it's up.

One other note, I seem to be the only person using Python as a 'native' code exe for my StreamDeck plugin. But it's working quite well.

Awesome - I actually went to Reddit and subscribed to StreamDeckSDK before posting earlier. I noticed a lot more node stuff, but I think I see a couple of your posts.

Thanks for pioneering here. I literally got my SD an hour ago and tested a quick "launch a macro" button, but I can't wait to dig in and see how to really make things happen.

Quick update... I just finished writing a KM plugin (in Python) that will run any macro (entered in the properties panel in StreamDeck) .. I'll bundle it up and put it on GitHub as soon as I have a chance.

This macro will serve as the 'base' for all integrations between KM and StreamDeck
If you're interested in source, DM me.

Early access.. no README.. I'll get to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is perfect. I literally just thought of the fact that you can launch specific macros through their ids (using the "Launch by Script"). I figured I'd look into that a little more and then I saw you posted this here. Your approach is exactly the one I was thinking about. Thanks!

Just updated the project to support multiple 'icons' (instances)... it's working really well. If you have any requests, please feel free to create an issue

So happy you integrated StreamDeck support in KM9!! Thank you Peter!

1 Like