Styled buttons in Palette possible

I'd love to be able to create buttons in a Custom Palette. As in buttons with borders, margins, padding etc.

I don't believe this is possible with KM now. I'd like to add it as a feature request and also ask whether any other forum members know of other apps that might allow me to use virtual buttons like this to activate kbm macros.

I'm currently trying BetterTouchTool which has a new Floating Menu in beta but it uses HTML and i've found it to be flakey. I was hoping for something more like a floating touch bar.

I don’t know if this is the kind of thing you mean, but have a look anyway

That's great. I'm going to look into it. Thanks so much.

BTT's floating menus are an alpha/beta version and are constantly being improved.

The key question is: do you want to click (palette, floating menus) or do you want to press buttons with your fingers (stream deck)? The mouse goes to a button, or the finger goes to a button/icon. These are two completely different concepts.

I had a stream deck and I enjoyed it but I'm now frequently on the move and it's not really an option.

I've looked into making my own Freedeck that sits at the top of my laptop

but doesn't seem feasible at the moment.

The thing is that I've found the notch bar on btt to be flakey too. In a way that I don't find something like the Touch Bar simulator or Touché. For me to rely on the buttons they have to work every single time which is something i've not been able to rely on with BTT.

Take a look at Big Buttons for Keyboard Maestro-based software solution. The buttons can easily run macros instead of linking to Web sites.

2 Likes