Thanks for a great update!

Great to have a fresh set of tools to play with! I really like the new MIDI system a lot, I just jumped on the upgrade button :smile:

Still missing the OSC implementation thou… But its half way there for my needs with the specified MIDI source. And also the new option to use the touch bar is a great add. Over all a nice upgrade, looking forward to play around with it!

Keep up the good work!!

3 Likes

I also say Thanks!

Machine Learning is great: finally I can type ⌃⌘A + “set” … and I get the Set Variable to Text action :smiley:

1 Like

I am curious. When in this video it says that searching actions/variables by name uses machine learning. How exactly is it being used. I would think it would just use a simple learning algorithm based on repetition. You select some action more times, it gets a higher weight.

Or am I missing something and KM uses some crazy things under the hood now. :smiley:

Super stoked for this update though. :yellow_heart:

Yes, it is a simply machine learning system that considers what you type and what you end up selecting, with some decay for unselected items. It seems to work well in my use, but time will tell if it works well for others.

The same learning system is used for all the “By Name” selectors, including the Trigger Macro by Name.

Thanks Peter for the awesome update, I am excited to try out all the MIDI implementation. So glad that CC messages are now included. I am excited to try out HUI as well with my HUI controller, hard to live without Keyboard Maestro.

If you watch the What’s New video you can see a demo using Touch OSC to control sliders in a Custom HTML Prompt window. And as a bonus, get a glimpse of my hairy arm.

New features I have already made use of in the first hour:
• Menu commands for Enable and Disable (finally I can give them keyboard shortcuts!)
• Audio output trigger
• Dragging macros to create “Execute Macro” action
• Engroup
• Insert Token by Name

Thanks for a great update!

1 Like

Hi Peter. Would it be possible to at some point incorporate some of the spotlight prompts @DanThomas made. More specifically for going to the group and to some action super quickly.

There is a slight delay that happens when using @DanThomas HTML prompts. A native version of it from KM would be super handy.

1 Like

Did you try View ➤ Select Macro ➤ by Name?

2 Likes

Oh that's awesome. Thank you. Had to do this to assign a hotkey to it :

In case other users like me wondered how to do it since you can't assign a hotkey in system preferences as search by macro and search by action all have the same menu item name.

Weird. My menu item already has a shortcut (⌃⌘M).

In such cases (duplicate menu item names) you have to enter the complete menu path in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts.

Separate the menus with "->" (Maybe there are other possible separators, I don't know.)

Example:

1 Like

Great update with lots of features to explore … thank you very much for all your continued hard work, @peternlewis :smile: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: :one:

1 Like

Do you mean Insert by Name_ ?
Actions, Tokens, and Functions all have individual menu items, and all have shortcut keys already assigned by KM. They are all in the Edit menu.

For some reason, the hotkeys for these actions were stripped for me.

But it’s no problem since I can assign them how I want anyway.