Trigger Streamdeck XL key?

Forgive the newbie question: with KM9 is it possible to trigger a specific key on Streamdeck XL?

I haven't ACTUALLY tested it on my XL yet but the way the stream deck plugin is set up it shouldn't be a problem with the XLs.

1 Like

Forgive the next newbie question... :slight_smile: How do you set up the StreamDeck plugin? Or is it already installed. I mean, when I add a USB device key trigger, and then push a button on the Streamdeck, nothing happens in the trigger window.

Okay, I see the Streamdeck plugin adds a Keyboard Maestro operation into the Streamdeck configuration interface. Here's what I'd like to do:

Have a macro that takes you up one level, i.e., up one level from within a Streamdeck folder to the next level up, then takes you into a different folder.

From what I can tell, you can't use keyboard maestro to affect the streamdeck beyond button-instances of the Keyboard Maestro plugin (which is similar to every other streamdeck integration system I've seen - the streamdeck software itself isn't very open, beyond the plugin-architecture, so you can't script changes to what profile is active, etc).

I tend to not use the built-in streamdeck folders, and instead just have a few profiles set up, with 'switch to profile' buttons to navigate between them.

1 Like

Thanks again, Mushoo. I'm using the XL mostly to automate DaVinci Resolve, and have been triggering applescripts that are connected to the KM macros. Switching profiles in this case introduces a little too much lag to be useful.